Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Sleeping and studies

I have been told that I should get my sleep schedule better; get to sleep earlier and stuff like that, by many people. For now, I usually go to bed no earlier than 3am, which isn't good, and I know that. Some of that is because I kind of know, I won't get sleep, because of the stress I'm having over my own life at the moment. Sleeping has never been easy for me, 1-2 years ago, I had fear of sleep, which didn't help. Nowadays, 6 hours of sleep is good enough for my body, at least it seems like it, but still, I know I should get longer sleep, because at the moment, I also have chance to get that.

Stress over studies is mostly because of my situation right now. I will not get my Student Financial Aid back before I get 20 study credits, and social support won't probably pay me anything after December, because they are not willing to pay for students, other than short periods. Reason why it's getting stressing, is because I have no motivation to study, at least this lane I'm on. Right now, I'm studying Computer Science, although taking maths and statistics courses right now. I don't really think that's what I want to study. 

Lately, I've been starting to thing, if I should go for social studies. I like helping people, as you probably knew if you read my last post. Although I like it, I don't think my head can take it, if I started doing it professionally. I know you should "study what you like", but for me, I also have to look at what I want to do after studies. If I get degree on social studies, do I really want to, or can I even do that professionally? I could try to get into that study line, see what it's like, and then think forward, but I don't know. 

Another thing about my studies at the moment is, that even if I happen to get those study credits needed, and get my student aid back, it's still only 40€ a month that I will get after paying rent, so I pretty much need some evening and/or weekend job even if I continue studies, or I have to get cheaper apartment, which I wouldn't like to do, because I like it here. Another option is, that I get full-time job, and stop studying. Anyhow, I will most probably need to get a job, and there isn't much job market in where I live, and having only High School graduation papers doesn't help with that, also noting that only job experience I have is that 3 months of civil service, and that wasn't even on field of work I would like to go to anyways. 

Anyhow, my sleeping should be better, but it doesn't have to get better, at least in my mind. Study-wise, I would have to get those 20 study credits, or at least some, and see where I go after holidays. 

© Joonas Tamminen / Owava

4 comments:

  1. How about social science, like sociology, social psychology or social pedagogy? Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't really know yet. I have to go "test" it out; that's why I love university studies, you can test if you like something or not, and it's all counting towards degree :)

      Delete
  2. Kivakiva, pääsen harjotteleen enklantia tän takia mut :3 ja koska oon laiska, en jaksa kommentoida enklanniks :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ei oo mikää pakko kommentoida enkuks jos ei haluu :3 siitä vaa opiskeleen :)

      Delete